Dinesh Dhanaraj, MD, MSPHBoard Certified Fellowship-Trained Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Dhanaraj graduated from the University of California, Berkeley’s Molecular and Cell Biology program with an emphasis in Cellular Developmental Biology. He also holds a Master’s of Science degree in Public Health from Tulane University’s School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine. A native of the state of Texas, Dr. Dhanaraj returned home to obtain his Doctorate of Medicine degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.
After medical school, Dr. Dhanaraj completed his surgical internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York City. While there, he gained extensive experience working with athletes from the high school to collegiate level in sports ranging from professional ballet to the NHL. In addition, he is experienced in complex orthopaedic trauma having trained at Manhattan’s famed Bellevue Hospital and other Level-I trauma centers throughout New York City.
Dr. Dhanaraj went on to complete an Orthopaedic Sports Medicine fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital System in Philadelphia, PA. This fellowship, combined with experience working with the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), allowed Dr. Dhanaraj to become skilled at arthroscopic techniques in both adults and children.
As a former collegiate Judo athlete, Dr. Dhanaraj has always had a personal interest in the various conditions affecting athletes. His clinical specialties are shoulder, hip, knee, and ankle arthroscopy, as well as fracture care. He has also authored peer-reviewed journal articles and medical writings on various topics including shoulder labral repair, and regularly speaks at national scientific and medical forums on arthroscopy and athletic ailments.
- Undergraduate: University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Graduate: Tulane University, School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Medical: University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX
- General Surgery Internship/Residency: NYU Medical Center, New York, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY
- Sports Fellowship: University of Pennsylvania Hospital System & Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), Philadelphia, PA
- Attending Surgeon: University Medical Center at Princeton, Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- The Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Reviewer American Journal of Sports Medicine (AJSM)
- Hospital for Joint Diseases Alumni Association
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society (NJOS)
- Diplomate of American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ABOS).
Dinesh Dhanaraj, MD, MSPH
Dr. Dhanaraj specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures including:
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Fracture Care